Medical Standard for ESE
Height & Chest Measurements-
|Service||Gender||Height||Chest Girth Fully Expanded||Expansion|
|BRES. Gr. A in Border||Male||152 cm||84 cm||5 cm|
|Roads Organization||Female||150 cm||79 cm||5 cm|
|MES Service Gr. A||Not Required||5 cm|
|Indian Ordnance Factories Service Gr. A||Not Required||5 cm|
|S. No.||Service||Distant Vision||Near Vision|
|Better Eye (Corrected Vision)||Worst Eye||Better Eye (Corrected Vision)||Worst Eye|
|1||6/6 or 6/9||6/12 or 6/9||J/I||J/II|
|2||1. Central Engineering Service, Group-A||6/6 or 6/9||6/12 or 6/9||J/I||J/II|
|2. Central Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Service, Gr. A|
|3. Central Water Engineering Service Gr ‘A’|
|4. Central Power Engineering Service Gr ‘A’ &Gr ‘B’|
|5. Central Engineering Service (Roads), Group-A|
|6. Indian Radio Regulatory Service Gr ‘A’|
|7. Indian Telecommunication Service Gr. ‘A’, J.T.O Gr. B,|
|8. Assistant Executive Engineer in P&T Building works (Gr. ‘A’) Service|
|9. Indian Naval Armament Service. Indian Naval Stores Service,|
|10. Indian Ordnance Factories Service Group A. Survey of India Gr ‘A’ Service,|
|11. Indian Inspection Service (Asstt. Dir. Grade-I)|
|3||1. AEE Gr ‘A’ in Corps of EME||6/6 or 6/9||6/18 or 6/9||J/I||J/II|
|2. Military Engineer Service, Gr. A. (IDSE)|
|3. AEE(QS&C) in Military Engineer Service(MES) Surveyor Cadre|
|4. BRES Gr.‘A’ in Border Roads Organization|
|B. Non Technical|
|4||1. Indian Railway Stores Service||6/9||6/12||J/I||J/II|
|2. Indian Supply Service Gr ‘A’|
|3. Geological Survey of India Engineering Service Gr ‘A’|
Colour Perception Criteria-
|S. No.||Grade||Higher Grade of Colour Perception||Lower Grade of Colour Perception|
|1||Distance Between the Lamp & the Candidate||16 Feet||16 Feet|
|2||Size of aperture||1.3 mm||13 mm|
|3||Time of Exposure||5 seconds||5 seconds|
Technical Services or Posts Requiring Higher Grade Colour Perception:
- Railway Engineering Services.
- Indian Defence Service of Engineer (IDSE).
- Central Engineering Service (Roads).
- Central Power Engineering Service. (Gr. ‘A’ and Gr. ‘B’).
- Assistant Executive Engineer (Group ‘A’) in the Corps of EME.
- BRES Group ‘A’ in Border Roads Organisation.
- Survey of India, Group ‘A’ Service.
- Assistant Executive Engineer(QS&C) in Military Engineer Service(MES) Cadre.
- Indian Inspection Service (Asst. Dir. Grade-I)
Technical Service or Posts Requiring Lower Grade Colour Perception
- Central Engineering Service
- Central Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Service
- Indian Naval Armament Service
- Indian Naval Stores Service
- Indian Ordnance Factory Service
- Central Water Engineering Service
- Indian Radio Regulatory Service
- Geological Survey of India Gr ‘A’ Service
- Executive Engineer in P&T Building Works Gr ‘A’ Service
Services for which Colour Perception is not Required:
- Indian Telecommunication Service Group ‘A’
- Junior Telecom Officer (General Central Service Group ‘B’ Gazetted, Non-ministerial)
- Indian Railway Store Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Supply Service Group ‘A’