On July 27, IIT Kanpur issued the official GATE 2023 notification. IIT Kanpur GATE 2023 admit card has been issued to candidates who submitted their GATE application form before the deadline. GATE 2023 registration with late fees was open till the October 16.
However, candidates can review the following information for the GATE exam held last year:
- The GATE eligibility criteria were changed from a minimum of 10+2+4 (previous) to a minimum of 10+2+3 (new) (ongoing). It allows students in the third year of their undergraduate programme to take the entrance exam.
- Environmental Science and Engineering (ES) and Humanities and Social Science (XS) were also added to the curriculum last year. The total number of subjects has now risen to 27.
- Students applying for GATE could select two subject papers from a predefined list of options. Previously, candidates could only apply to take one subject.
All GATE 2022 test papers will be objective in nature. The following questions may be included in the pattern:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) and/or
- Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions